Digital transformation is the adoption of new technologies by a company to accomplish numerous goals such as innovation, enhancing energy efficiency, operational costs, and value.
The global corporate industry, especially those in commercial real estate (CRE), are now aware of the need to quicken the adoption of digital transformation. They believe that, especially in light of the pandemic, it is essential to move forward with efficiency and embrace cutting-edge and customer-driven business structures.
CRE’s Digital Journey So Far: A Quick Overview!
The commercial real estate (CRE) industry has been challenging and slower in adopting digitalization. Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, that accelerated everything effectively with a sudden pace. Although the commercial real estate (CRE) industry was digitizing even before the pandemic years, but the digital transformation that we have now in the big picture is totally different.
The scene with smart buildings has evolved, the proptech startup market has reached heights and will keep evolving in the future. When we look closely in the built environment, the commercial real estate (CRE) industry has now started to focus more on prioritizing the needs of the tenants and the end users under the technological influence with a focus on providing best-class space management, energy efficiency, and much more.
The Inevitable Need…
Many property owners who are refurbishing their properties or spaces are missing out on digital transformation which in-turn can benefit them with a boost in efficiencies, cutting down the costs and most importantly, giving their tenants an attractive property experience.
Now let’s understand why there’s a need for Digital Transformation to play a vital role in shaping the future of Facilities management:
- The digital transformation of facility management creates new patterns in how we work and live. It improves building performance by automating processes and has a lower environmental impact.
- It connects devices, processes and people along with technology efficiency, process transparency, data performance analysis, workplace productivity, and sustainability.
- End-users engage with buildings, control their experience, and provide and get feedback.
- Facility managers obtain a quick overview via a dedicated portal; the systems are effective, and daily tasks and schedules are automated.
The performance of complex systems is optimized by the use of IoT. As a result, you invest less time on routine, tedious things and put more effort into what actually matters.
In this approach, automation benefits accountability, labour production, safety, and quality while also lowering labour expenses, lead times, and routine activities.
Digital Transformation: A Game Changer for Buildings!
The commercial real estate (CRE) industry experts or Facility Managers that do address the need for digital transformation are making the best use of technology to create value and are able to optimize their operational cost and a step towards energy efficient buildings.
Here’s how your buildings or facilities can be holistically enhanced for full environment functionality with digital transformation as a solution:
- Best-in-class sustainability: With the help of the strong operational and management tools provided by cloud-based integrated facility management software like IQnext, you can maintain the long-term sustainability goals for your building while considerably enhancing performance.
- Energy efficiency and scalability: Improve energy efficiency at scale by managing all of your buildings from a single location and utilizing powerful tools like data-rich energy reports.
- Futureproofing: Adapt to evolving building trends with cloud-based software that receives constant updates, rather than adhering to a restrictive traditional approach that becomes obsolete sooner.
- Reduced downtime: You can keep a close eye on your devices thanks to features like condition-based alarms and real-time data. By seeing issues early on, you can cut down on maintenance and downtime.
By embracing new technologies and going digital, commercial real estate (CRE) firms can enhance their operations. Additionally, this has the effect of enhancing the faith their tenants have in them.
IQnext is a cloud-based platform for centralized building management using a connected, data-driven, and integrated approach to improve sustainability and efficiency. Want to know more on how IQnext can help transform your buildings digitally? Schedule a demo with us now!